Monday, March 2, 2015

Schedule SNAFU

So, as I have not stated before (maybe. Quite honestly I forget.) I am a college student full time. I also have a part time job working at a public library. Obviously this leaves my schedule very restricted. Hell, even without counting the library job my schedule is very restricted. Yet my parents feel they can tell me I should be looking for a second job. I don't think so! I don't want to become one of those people that ends up having a schedule so full that they have absolutely no time for themselves again. Not even that, but I just don't want to feel that stressed again.

This past fall I had even more classes, I still had the library job, and I was working with a landscaping crew to make extra money. I had something every day, and usually back to back with less than a half hour break in between any of them. And I was dying inside. There was so much stress that I was having trouble sleeping, and even when I would catch some sleep, I'd wake up feeling like I hadn't slept at all. I was an absolute wreck and I am not doing that again. Ever.

Quite honestly, I don't really care about the money. Money is nice, but feeling nice is better. So I kept the library job since landscaping is kind of seasonal and now I feel so much better. But my parents just want me to make more money.

Don't get the wrong idea, I love my parents, but sometimes they can just be so frustrating. Especially when they won't stop telling me I need to make more money.

So if there's a lesson I'd want to give you, it's this..don't do something because someone tells you to. Do something because you want to. And also put how you feel first. It's better to be feeling great and living moderately than to be rolling in money, but feeling like absolute crap.

Thanks for reading and I'll see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment